This wikiHow teaches you how to join a Zoom Meeting on Android. Zoom meeting invitations are sent via email. Before you can accept an email invitation, you must download the Zoom app for Android.
[Edit]Using an Email Invite
- Open the Google Play Store . It’s the app that has an icon that resembles a colorful ‘play’ triangle.
- Type in the search bar. The search bar is at the top of the screen. This displays a list of apps that match your search.
- Tap . It’s in the list of apps that match your search. This displays the app info page for Zoom Cloud Meetings.
- Tap . It’s the green button on the right below the banner at the top of the app info page. This installs Zoom Cloud Meetings on your device.
- Check your email. Zoom meeting invites are typically sent via email, so check there for your meeting invite.
- Open the email invitation. Zoom email invitations typically have “Please join Zoom meeting in progress” as the subject.
- Tap the Meeting URL. The URL is at the top of the email below the text that says “Join Zoom Meeting”. This displays a pop-up asking which app you want to open the URL with.
- Select the Zoom app and tap . The first time you join a Zoom meeting invite, a pop-up displays asking you which app you want to use. Tap the Zoom app icon. It’s a blue icon with an image that resembles a video camera. Then tap Always to indicate that you always want to open Zoom invite URLs with the Zoom app. This opens the Zoom app with the meeting.
- If asked to allow Zoom to use your phone’s microphone and camera, tap Allow.
[Edit]Using a Meeting ID Number
- Download and install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app. The Zoom Cloud Meetings app is available from the Google Play Store. Use the following steps to download and install Zoom Cloud Meetings:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Type “Zoom Cloud Meetings” in the search bar.
- Tap Zoom Cloud Meetings.
- Tap Install below the Zoom Cloud Meetings bar.
- Open Zoom Cloud Meetings. Once Zoom Cloud Meetings is installed, you can open it by tapping OPEN in the Google Play Store, or by tapping the Zoom icon on your Homescreen. It has a blue icon with a white image that resembles a video camera.
- Tap the button. The Join button is the second button at the top of the screen. It’s a blue icon with a plus sign (+) in the middle.
- Type the meeting ID number. Use the bar at the top to type the 9-digit meeting ID number without dashes. You can get this number from the meeting host, or from the email invitation.
- Tap . It’s the button below the bar at the top of the screen. The button turns blue when you have entered a valid Meeting ID number. This joins the meeting.
- To join without audio, tap the toggle switch next to “Don’t Connect To Audio” below the blue button.
- If you don’t wish to be seen on camera when you join a meeting, tap the toggle switch next to, “Turn off my video”.
Proactive Computing found this story and shared it with you.