Need an easy way for someone to pay you back for a loan or purchase? Using PayPal, you can quickly and easily request money from them. This wikiHow will explain how you can send a request for money using the PayPal app on an iPhone.
- Open up the PayPal: Mobile Cash app (most often simply called the “PayPal” app). This app’s icon has a 3D white P on top of a blue-gradient background. It is free to install the app.
- Log into the app if you haven’t already done so. It offers TouchID along with a variety of other options, but you must set up an account first.
- Tap in the right center of the screen. You can request money from just about anyone who has an email address, phone number, or PayPal account.
- Select your person who owes you money from the list. Recipients who are listed with telephone numbers will be sent a text message with the request and will need to open the app to fulfill it, while those with an email address will receive a notification in the app.
- Enter the value you’d like to request. Use the keypad to type out the dollar value. The period for the dollar amount won’t move, so just type the digits of the total amount, and when you’re done, it’ll display correctly.
- There is a “00” key on the PayPal keypad, in case you need it.
- If you are out of the United States and need to change this currency, tap the link below the dollar amount. Select the right currency from the list.
- Tap the button to continue.
- Recognize that some senders will have to pay a fee in certain situations.
- Add a note if desired. Use the “Add a note” feature on the next page to explain why the payment needs to be made, if you want to. Tap the button to finish the notating process.
- Tap to finish the request.
- You can’t request money from a group of people all at once; you must send each request separately.